1) Ask older relatives about stories from their childhoods and record it or write it down.
2) Start a family tree. Ancestry.com is a great place to start and Ancestry has a great phone app.
3) Collect and add pictures to your tree with all the names dates and details that you can get.
4) Use that smart phone to take pictures of pictures and immediately post to your tree.
5) Start a private photo album that just family and close friends can see on Facebook.
The older I get the more and more I appreciate my family. I make sure that my husband and I take the time off and spend it with our various relatives. Those are the memories that you can never replace. I am wishing you a Beautiful Holiday Season with your family too!